Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Productive Scrap Weekend :)

I was on Skype with my sisters a lot this weekend & managed to get 2 single page layouts finished as well as a double layout! Makes me a very happy scrapper.

I actually did a double layout that is NOT of Austin! I think he has been my scrap subject since he was born in June! I love the TV show The Big Bang Theory & that is what inspired this layout.


 
 



Every since I decided to do a page based on the Soft Kitty song, I have not been able to get the song out of my head so hopefully now it will be purged from there! These are some of Miss Cleo's baby pictures & a couple more recent photos. She will be 15 in March & really rules the roost here. She sure puts the puppies in their place when she feels like it. The "puppies" are Bart & Lucy, born 07/07/07 so not really puppies but always puppies to us. :) They are Cairn & Yorkie cross brother & sister.
 
Cricut Cartridge used is: Folk Art Festival for the blackout font at 1". I then used Glossy Accents on all the letters. For "Cleo" I used the regular font with the shadow. The papers are all BasicGrey Max & Whiskeys line. I put the words on little hand cut clouds & used pop dots to attach to the page to make them stand out better against the patterned paper. I also used Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany distress ink on the edges.
 
The single pages are of Austin ... of course. :)
 
 
I love these papers from KaiserCraft Tiny Woods Collection! The images match the decor in Austin's bedroom perfectly. I also love the photo! I had just put him down in his crib after rocking & singing him to sleep. The picture was taken with my phone but still turned out pretty good.
 
I cut out the tree trunk & used pop dots to layer it onto the same image on the paper. I did some stitching & added google eyes to all the critters because I love google eyes! :) The words are for Away in a Manger as that is what I was singing to him.
 
The last page is of our son, Ryan, on the day he came home from the hospital & then a photo of Austin in the same outfit. I'm soooo sentimental about things like that! :)
 
 
This started out as an extra page for a BasicGrey monthly class that I signed up for but I changed it up quite a bit so other than the papers & the buttons there isn't much that resembles the class page. The papers & buttons are from the BasicGrey Paper Cottage line.
 
 
Thanks for visiting & hope you like the layouts. Have a great day ... Barb
 
 
 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Barb the LOs are really great. You do such nice work. I love that you write all the details on how you did--(that way I can cheat and scrp-lift off of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts are fabulous! TFS!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! I appreciate you stopping by & taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  3. Like these layouts too
    Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete