Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finally Some Time to Blog!!

Hi everyone! I haven't been too good at posting but on the bright side, I have lots of layouts completed! I was at a 3 day crop/retreat this past weekend. I was joined there by my wonderful daughter-in-law, Christina. The men folk stayed at our home to look after baby Austin. I think it was a learning experience for them! LOL!

Christina & I had a great time at the crop which was put on by Scrappers' Cove in Invermere, BC & held at the Best Western. We both got loads accomplished for a change! We have attended this fall crop for the past 3 years & normally don't manage to get much done. Christina worked on Christmas cards while I did layouts.

This layout shows how confused poor Austin will be in a few years. Ryan is a die-hard Oiler Fan & Christina is Flames all the way! To top that off Grampa Jeff is a Canuck fan & wants his own page of Austin in his newly ordered Canuck jersey!! LOL!


As usual for me there are lots of Cricut cuts on this layout. I always use my Gypsy as well. :)


Cartridges used:

Dude - for the flame; cut twice @ 11" high
Robotz - for the title "Flames" @ 1" plus shadow & question marks plus shadow @ 1 1/2"

I used lots of Stickles on this page. The base cardstock is black on this side of the double layout & navy blue (looks black in the pic) for the right side so I stitched with white floss to bring the pages together. Used foam tape to pop the "?" marks as well as the pennents. Also used a Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper from We R Memory Keepers to round the corners on the main picture & mats - used the "cloud" shape.



I think I like this side better. :) I'm pleased how good the Oiler symbol turned out even though it was so simple to create.

Cartridges used:

George - for the circles - cut all inside each other @ 8" 9" & 10" - used the 8" & 10" cuts
A Child's Year - for the oil drop (actual cut is a rain drop) cut 1 each at 2" 2 1/2" & 3"
Robotz - for the title "Oilers" (plus shadow) starting at 1" for "O"; 1 1/4" "I"; 1 1/2" "L & E"; 1 1/2" "R" & 1 1/4" "S"

The picture of my son & daughter-in-law squaring off here fit perfect with the page. :)

Thanks for stopping by & feel free to leave any comments & suggestions you may have. Have a great day ... Barb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment